Keto Beef Ramen
Our low carb take on this classic spicy Japanese noodle soup with AMAZING LOKARB™ Angel Hair Noodles. Ramen is traditionally made with beef, broth, bok choy, and eggs - but it's a dish that begs for improvisation so feel free to add or substitute some of the ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 4 oz mushrooms, sliced thin
- 4 hard boiled eggs
- 2 pouches of AMAZING LOKARB™ Angel Hair Noodles (total 14 oz)
- 4 cups beef broth
- Optional: green onions, sliced carrots, sesame seeds, etc.
- In a large stock pot, add oil and heat under medium fire. Sauté onions for 2-3 minutes until softened.
- Add remaining ingredients to pot (except eggs and noodles). Simmer under low-medium heat for 20-30 minutes.
Adjust seasoning to broth. Remove and drain AMAZING LOKARB™ Angel Hair Noodles from pouch and add to the broth.
- Portion and divide broth into bowls. Add cut hard boiled eggs, sliced chicken or beef, cilantro, sesame seeds, chopped green onion, and extra chili sauce if desired.
To make this into a simple weeknight recipe, we've used ready-made commercial broth but if you want to take this dish to the next level we recommend using a homemade broth.