Low Carb Squid Ink Spaghetti With Shrimp & Tomatoes
We recently launched AMAZING LOKARB™ Spaghetti and this was the first dish I made to celebrate my wife's 45th birthday. It was not only incredibly easy to make and delicious, but the taste & texture was EXACTLY the same as the traditional pasta version.
- 1 tablespoon of squid ink (usually sold in small jar in the seafood section of grocery store)
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 5 - 10 medium sized shrimp, peeled and deveined (keep the shells!)
- 2 cloves of garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh parsley
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan.
Gently simmer half the garlic slices in the oil until lightly golden in colour or about 2 minutes. Add in the reserved shrimp shells and simmer for 4 - 5 minutes until bright red, pressing down on the shells to extract flavour.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove the shells and garlic slices so that all that remains is infused olive oil.
- Add the remaining garlic slices, shrimp meat and cherry tomatoes and simmer until the shrimp are cooked through, about 3 - 4 minutes. Season with a bit of salt and pepper. Makes sure not to overcook the shrimp.
- Remove the shrimp and cherry tomatoes using the slotted spoon and set aside. You can leave the garlic slices in the oil.
- Remove the spaghetti noodles from the pouch and place directly in the frying pan. Gently stir the noodles in the oil for 2 minutes to infuse the garlic and shrimp flavour. Add the Italian seasoning.
- Add the tablespoon of squid ink to the noodles and gently stir for another 2 minutes to infuse the ink to the noodles.
- Transfer the noodles and remaining liquid to a bowl and add the shrimp and cherry tomatoes. Sprinkle with parsley and red pepper flakes for a bit of heat.
- Stand back to admire your creation and dig in!