The BEST Keto Pizza In The World
We're taking a detour with this recipe -- there's no noodles or rice in it -- but I had to share this with you. Pizza is another comfort food that a lot of you may miss on a low carb diet. I've tried different keto pizza recipes with varying degrees of success but they've all missed the mark. This recipe is a game changer. Now, an important point is that I used a pizza stone, and I absolutely recommend you use one too. It'll help cook the crust evenly and with a bit of crispiness so that you can hold a slice in your hands. I haven't included a keto pizza sauce recipe so feel free to experiment with different sauce bases and toppings.
BEST Keto Pizza Ingredients:
- 1 teaspoon of garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of Italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons of psyllium husk
- 6 tablespoons of grated parmesan cheese
- Keto tomato pizza sauce (your choice)
- 6 slices or good quality parma ham
- 2 tablespoons of chopped red onion
- Olive oil (preferably infused with basil)
- Sprinkle of red pepper flakes
- Place pizza stone in oven and preheat to 400 degrees F / 200 decrees C.
In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the water, garlic powder, onion powder, dried oregano and Italian seasoning.
- Add the coconut flour to egg mixture and whip until you get a smooth consistency. Then add the pysllium husk and whisk again till smooth.
- Add the parmesan cheese, stir to blend and let sit for 10 minutes to allow your pizza dough mixture to thicken.
- Take out your pizza stone and place the dough in the middle of the stone. Place a large sheet of parchment paper on top and use a roller to flatten the dough evenly across the stone. The paper will stick to the dough, and that's fine.
- Place the pizza stone in the oven with the parchment paper. Remove the parchment paper when it no longer sticks (about 5 - 7 mins). Total bake time is approx. 15 minutes or until you see brown edges around the pizza base.
- Take our pizza stone from the oven and switch the oven to broil. The rack should be approx. 6 inches from the heating element.
- Add your pizza sauce, parma ham slices and chopped onions on the pizza base, spread across evenly. Rip the mozzarella ball into small pieces and spread across the pizza.
- Place pizza stone back in the oven and bake for approx. 3 minutes or until cheese melts and crust turns golden brown.
- Remove pizza stone from the oven, add rockets salad, sprinkle of red pepper flakes and drizzle with basil-infused olive oil.
- Bon appetit!