Absolutely Amazing Keto Fried Rice
This is a recipe I tried this past weekend. Seriously, it was amazing! I couldn't tell the difference between this keto fried rice and regular fried rice. The great thing about AMAZING LOKARB™ Rice is that there's very little water in the packaging, which improved the texture of the noodle rice and makes them ready-to-eat. This the PERFECT comfort food when you're self-isolating at home!
Amazing Keto Fried Rice Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons of olive or grapeseed oil
- 1 tablespoon of ghee butter (clarified butter)
- 3 tablespoons of liquid aminos
- handful of chopped chives for garnish
- Empty the rice noodle pouches and set the aside.
- Put the thinly sliced garlic in one bowl and the minced cloves in another bowl. Set aside whisked eggs.
- In a well-heated wok skillet, add the oil. Fry the garlic slices over medium-low heat for about 30 seconds or as soon as they turn light golden brown. Flip the garlic often and take care not to burn them or it will turn bitter taste.
- Use a slotted spoon, transfer garlic slices to paper towels to drain. Season with a small pinch of salt.
Pour the garlic infused oil into a bowl for serving use and leave only a thin layer of oil in the skillet. Add ghee butter.
- Saute the minced garlic with a pinch of salt over medium heat for about 5 seconds.
- Add rice and season with 2 pinches of salt and black pepper. Gently sauté with a wooden spoon for about 3 minutes or until the liquid evaporates and you can see and hear the rice grains start making popping sound.
- Push the rice to the side of the skillet to make a circle and leave space in the center. Add liquid aminos. You will see the sauce immediately starts bubbling the moment it hits the bottom of the skillet. Then quickly mix the rice and the sauce together and to coat it evenly, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
- Push the rice to the side of the skillet again to make empty space in the center. Pour the whisked eggs in the center of the skillet and scramble until small curds form. Gently mix and fold in the rice until the eggs are cooked through.
Off heat, garnish with chives and top with garlic chips. Serve the infused garlic oil on the side for guests to pass along the table or for anyone who enjoys extra garlicky flavour.