Cajun Jambalaya - Easy To Make and Low Carb
A classic dish from New Orleans that's made low carb and keto friendly by substituting regular rice with AMAZING LOKARB™ Rice. This recipe also takes a lot less time to prepare. If you are only cooking for two, this recipe is easily cut in half, and just as delicious.
- 1 cup of chicken stock
- 2 pouches of AMAZING LOKARB™ Rice (total 14oz)
- 24 medium peeled, deveined shrimp, about ½ pound, chopped
- ½ pound boneless, skinless chicken thighs, diced
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning or other Cajun spice mixes
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chopped onions
- ½ cup chopped green bell peppers
- ½ cup chopped celery
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- ½ cup chopped tomatoes
- 3 bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ½ pound Andouille or chorizo sausage, sliced
- Chopped green onion for garnish
- Boil 1 cup of chicken stock in a small pot. Add the AMAZING LOKARB™ Rice to the stock and simmer for 3 - 4 minutes. Drain the rice and place in a hot frying pan to dry roast for 2 - 3 minutes to remove excess moisture. Set aside.
- Combine the shrimp, chicken, and spice mix in a bowl and toss to coat evenly. Set aside.
- Heat the oil over in a large, heavy pot over medium heat.
- Add the onions, peppers and celery, salt and pepper and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes, until softened.
- Add the garlic, tomatoes, bay leaves, Worcestershire and hot sauces. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the shrimp and chicken mixture, and the sausage.
- Stir in the AMAZING LOKARB™ Rice, cover and cook for 10 minutes longer.
- Stir in the green onion before serving.