Shrimp Pesto Pasta with Low Carb Noodles
Committing to a low carb diet while enjoying the savory foods you love can be a challenge. Thankfully, low carb noodles allow you to eat the delicious pasta dishes you crave without packing on the pounds.
This delicious shrimp pesto pasta uses AMAZING LOKARB™ Angel Hair Noodles tossed in a flavorful pesto sauce, then topped with sautéed shrimp and tomatoes. Carb count in commercial basil pesto can vary greatly - check the label or make your own low-carb version. This is an easy-to-make and fresh dinner that's packed with flavour.
Shrimp Pesto Pasta Ingredients:
- 2 AMAZING LOKARB™ Angel Hair Noodle pouches (total 14oz)
- ¾ cup basil pesto
- 1 pound medium to large shrimp peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning (or equal parts dried basil and dried oregano)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- Chopped parsley for garnish
- Optional: A sprinkle of hot pepper flakes
Shrimp Pesto Pasta Instructions:
- Prepare the shrimp and all other ingredients.
- Heat the olive oil in a large pan over high heat. Add the shrimp and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 2-4 minutes or until shrimps are just pink and opaque. Turn off the heat.
- Remove and drain AMAZING LOKARB™ Noodles. Add them to the pan with the shrimp. Stir in the pesto.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and Parmesan cheese to the pan. Garnish with chopped parsley and some pepper flakes if desired.
Try our other low carb noodle recipes for simple low carb meals.